Wednesday, April 10, 2013

4-8-13



So I found out that the ward won’t be split into 3 areas this transfer,  We lost the other set of missionaries in our ward.  The one that was in the hospital went home to recover a little  and the other one they transferred to Socorro New Mexico so now we are the only ones in the sage ward. It is kinda crazy we are trying to get a hold on to everything we now have 5 investigators with baptismal dates and we are hoping to get a few more soon. Things are going crazy here. We haven’t had any baptisms yet the closest one keeps getting pushed back because she hasn’t been able to come to church because of work but she just quit her job and we are excited to see her come this week. 
This week for p day we went and painted a tire shop, then we went to Rio Grande trading which is a gift shop owned by a member and it was really cool.  Then we went to old town and that is really cool you can’t tell how big it is until you are actually there.   After that we went and did a little shopping.  Then a member called and asked us to help him pick up some seed packets that blew all over his yard because the wind is so bad here. ( He is in a wheelchair that’s why he asked us). during that I discovered how much I dislike cactuses there was a packet in a cactus and so I decided I could get it and I was doing great but it’s not the big spikes that get you there is tiny hairs that they have that just stick everywhere so every time I would brush my hand on something I could feel more and I would have to pick them out. I think I got them all out now but it wasn’t fun during that time.  So Sunday we watched conference just at the church building so we pretty much spent all of Saturday there and a lot of Sunday there, it was really good. I liked Holland’s talk. I  like how he takes Jesus’s ministry and applies it to us and how we can become more like Christ.  I noticed he did that last conference too.

Anyways my week went good we spent most of the time planning and rescheduling because we had to fit everyone in now that we have the other missionaries investigators and whole area along with ours. It kinda stinks they left because now we are the only English speaking missionaries in our district and they always speak Spanish so we never know what is going on.  that’s alright. this week we have alot planned so we are really excited to meet with everyone. Oh another thing feed the missionaries whenever you can that is the best there are certain families that we eat at a lot and its really nice.
Love -Elder Fenner

No comments:

Post a Comment