Friday, March 29, 2013

2nd week in the field

So my first week was pretty great. I got cussed out because we knocked this door and the lady goes who is it and we said the missionaries and then she went off and yeah. So we told her to have a nice day and walked away haha. Right now I’m in the sage north area which is in the sage ward which is in the los lunas stake haha that probably means nothing to you, but you can talk to Grandma Shields about it haha.   My Comp is Elder Ferguson, he is really cool and has taught me a lot.  He kindof reminds me of Eric. He is from Washington, the state. The people here for the most part are really nice. There is this guy that is catholic and he just likes for us to come help him out and talk to him even though he isn't interested in the church.   He is way cool he lets us do our laundry over there so it’s free haha.   A lot of people haven't been answering their doors or phones and when they do there usually not interested, but a lot of them tell us they really respect us and think it is really cool that we would do something like this. There is some really cool murals all over there is also a few places that they filmed transformers and I’m going to take pictures of them. Tell Morgan sorry I didn’t send anything for here b day I’m just barely starting to get in the groove of things so soon I will be able to remember things like that haha. As of right now we have 2 investigators and they both have baptismal dates which is so awesome. We are going to visit a few people we met when tracting and I’ve got my fingers crossed. There is this guy that we have been trying to get a hold of that won silver in kickboxing in the Olympics the notes say he is way nice and way cool but he is hard to get a hold off and that is exactly our problem haha. When is the General Authority supposed to go to your Stake?  Because on April 21 we are having an apostle come to our ward I’m really excited some of the missionaries think that the stake president is going to go to the 70. Thanks for the talk it was great. In the MTC  I heard the best talk ever and i would strongly recommend looking it up its call the Character of Christ by David A Bednar. It is life changing. For the most part everything is going great I have taught a little and it has gone great. I’m really excited though because we got a golden referral he went to the slc temple grounds and felt the spirit it is so cool I hope we can get a hold of him. Funny story there is this Hermana in my district that came out the same day as me and she is from west valley too and knows Paola. But she went to Ames so i didn’t know her before. There is this elder in my district that is having some health problems so we went on splits for p day and I was with a Spanish elder and it was cool he taught me how to pray in Spanish. My comp knows a little bit of Navajo he can bare his testimony in Navajo its cool. he said in our mission there is like only one real reservation. All the other ones are in the Farmington mission. Which I’m sad and kinda happy about I’ve heard some scary stories about some Indians haha oh well. i love you all and hope you have a great week and easter. :)

Then he sent a letter a little while later......
So I’m going to answer some questions you had. we have a car. yes the members feed us most of the time. Cody would love it here they advertise everything with green chilies on it. Instead of selling the 3 meat pizza at little ceasars they sell a peperoni and green chili and also all the hamburgers they ask if you want green chili on it is so weird haha our freezer is full of frozen green chili haha. Easter and conference my comp said usually we will get invited over by members so i guess that’s what will happen haha.   Yes I have got the packages and letters and no i dont need anything else.
Love,
Elder Fenner

No comments:

Post a Comment